The dark web is a corner of the net that many people know little about or maybe have even heard of. Yet, this hidden region of the web enables users to get into another world of the web.
On the dark web, searches are anonymous and are not tracked in precisely the exact same manner that ‘normal’ web browsers monitor our searches. With items like private data, passports and IDs often found on the dark web, it is a place of the web that’s rife with illegal activity and certainly not something that we would advise you to search for. So, where around the world is your most intrigued by this hidden web world?
Using Google search volume data, we have looked at the average monthly searches to the terms ‘dark web‘ and ‘how to access the dark web?‘ To determine which countries’ populations are the most interested in it.
The world map shows the average monthly searches in each country in English.
When it comes to taking a closer look at Europe, we have combined search terms in each nation’s main spoken language and the English search phrase. So, which country comes out on top?
To access dark web links, the user needs to use a dedicated browser for this purpose. See the most-searched-for dark web browsers below.
Illegal data can be offered on the dark web, including hacked passwords and personal information. So it is important that when using the net that you protect your personal data at all times.
Have a look at our tips to stay safe online:
- When making online payments, check the website is secure. Safe websites begin with ‘HTTPS’ so that they have an SSL certificate. Watch out for the padlock symbol in the search bar before making a purchase.
- Make sure your virus software is updated. If you don’t have sufficient antivirus software, your details could be hacked without you realizing it.
- Don’t overshare. Keep your passwords diverse, employing a range of characters in upper and lowercase, and include symbols. This makes your password more powerful and less likely to be hacked.
- Do not click on a link or open an attachment from anyone you do not trust, whether that is in an email, text, or website link
- Decrease the amount of personal information you share on the internet. This may include your birthday, a pet’s name, or your speech since these details might be used for fraud.
It’s important for any browsing online to be sure you have the best broadband provider for you.